The duration of a presentation slot is
- 40 minutes for invited presentations,
- 20 minutes for regular presentations, and
- 20 minutes for “Late News” presentations.
Please allow up to 5 minutes after your presentation slot for questions from the audience.
An LCD projector & computer (Windows 7, MS PowerPoint & Adobe Acrobat Reader) will be available in the session room for oral presentations. Neither overhead projectors, 35mm slides projectors, VHS videotape player, nor DVD player will be available.
Preparation of Visuals
- PLEASE NOTE: You must bring a memory stick containing your presentation file.
- Please use the presentation template found here
- Files will be uploaded to the local presentation computer in the lecture room during breaks between the sessions.
- To avoid software compatibility problems, please embed all fonts in the PowerPoint file AND bring a back up PDF version of your presentation.
- Speakers should arrive in the session room 15 minutes BEFORE the start of their assigned session and report to the chair person. A proctor should be available in case you need technical assistance.
- Limit the number of words per slide to no more than 20
- Leave space between lines of text
- All fonts, including that on graphs, should be 18 point or larger
- Graphs and charts should have bold lines and symbols that contrast sharply with the background
All poster sessions will be preceded by a 30 minute "Lightning Round" session. In the Lightning Round, each presenting author will be allotted 1 minute to present a single PowerPoint slide, highlighting the key result of their paper and poster. Please submit your PowerPoint slide to Rachel Brockhoff at [email protected] Your presentation will be pre-loaded onto the lecture room computer BEFORE your assigned “Lightning Round” session.
ALL Authors presenting an poster may have their poster up for the duration of the conference. Please ensure your poster is hung at least 15 minutes prior to the first poster session taking place.
The placement of your poster will be marked on the panel, where it will be presented with the number of your poster contribution. Your number will be in the printed symposium program.
The poster size recommended is within W850mm x H1600mm, however A0 size (W841mm x 1189mm) can also fit.
All authors will be responsible for the printing of their own posters.
If you are looking to have your poster printed locally and delivered to the hotel, please let email Rachel Brockhoff at [email protected] and she would be happy to request information on local printers.
Below is a diagram provided by the vendor in regards to the poster sizing and dimensions of the boards themselves.
Your posters will be attached to the panel with tape, which will already be available on the panel. If you need more tape, please contact the poster area proctor.